It has been found that certain tubular materials used in wells may not be effectively sheared by BOPs. In particular conventional steel tubulars used in oil and gas wells are difficult or impossible to shear under the forces available from BOPs. This presentation will include results of Titanium (modeling and physical tests) to support the claim of less than half the force necessary to shear than steel pipe of equivalent size and strength (tensile and pressure), along with other benefits of using Titanium for this application.
Please log in view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.
Start your subscription today!
*Access will be granted the next business day.