New shale technologies, best practices
While shale exploration and production in the international arena are still in their infancy, North American shale activity has transitioned, from the initial excitement of the discovery of new plays, to the slow and steady efforts of understanding reservoir variability through seismic surveys, wireline and LWD logging, and core analyses, followed by improving drilling efficiency through multi-well pad drilling.
- Applying ultra-deep LWD resistivity technology successfully in a SAGD operation (May 2019)
- Adoption of wireless intelligent completions advances (May 2019)
- Majors double down as takeaway crunch eases (April 2019)
- What’s new in well logging and formation evaluation (April 2019)
- Qualification of a 20,000-psi subsea BOP: A collaborative approach (February 2019)
- ConocoPhillips’ Greg Leveille sees rapid trajectory of technical advancement continuing (February 2019)